💥 New Episode of #SiSMasters with Jenna Kurath, the Vice President of Startup Development and Head of Comcast NBCU SportsTech.
She has successfully established a thriving ecosystem accelerator that involves prominent sports organizations, including the SportsTech Partner Consortium. This consortium consists of Comcast NBCUniversal’s renowned sports brands, such as NBC Sports, SkySports, Comcast Spectacor, and Golf, alongside NASCAR, PGA TOUR, WWE, three US Olympic sports organizations, and the recent addition of the English Premier League.
💡 Comcast SportsTech finds funds and fast-tracks the most innovative startups from around the world that match the needs of the partners, investing in and developing the next generation of sports technologies in 8 verticals: fan/player engagement, athlete/player performance, media & entertainment, venue & event innovation, team & coaches success, fantasy sports & betting, eSports, and business of sports.
In this episode, we will delve with Jenna into her journey, the why of this program, what it does, and how it enables concrete collaboration between the startups and Comcast NBCUniversal’s diverse partners, generating high value for partners and startups—quite a virtuous ecosystem. We will also explore the journey of startups, concrete cases, and the business model surrounding the accelerator program. Prepare yourself for an insightful and captivating discussion on SiS Masters.
🎙 “Now we have over 100 pilot partnerships and commercial deals accomplished.”
🤔 What you can learn today:
▪ Jenna´s journey from athlete learning from Michael Johnson to leading Comcast NBCU SportsTech Accelerator
▪ The origin and story of the accelerator program, what makes it special and different
▪ What is Comcast NBCU looking for in sports tech
▪ The business model for startups joining the program and successful case studies
▪ The collaboration process with the partners, including the latest one, English Premier League
▪ The rise of female founders